Application for Fellowship
All applicants for Fellowship must be a Signature Member in good standing of the American Society of Marine Artists, and have had Signature status for at least one year. Application for Fellow status will not be considered if the member’s account is not current.
Applicants must submit twenty works that best represent their current oeuvre. Submissions will be accepted through www.submittable.com from February 8th to March 11th, 2019. Please submit twenty .jpeg images that are no more than 10 MB per image. All images must be between 5 x 7" and 8 x 10" at 300 dpi in quality. Sculptors must submit 2 views for each artwork. On www.submittable.com each work will have two available uploads, **only sculptors should submit two views for each work. Please title images: last name, underscore, first name, underscore, image (number), underscore, year the work was created. Example: “Brown_Mary_Image1_2018”. Images will be reviewed in numerical order. All portfolios must be submitted by March 11, 2019 – there will be no exceptions.
Please include detailed biographical Information where applicable, including accolades, awards, gallery representation, and other art group affiliations. Additional materials and questions can be emailed to Len Mizerek at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Being elected to Fellowship status is a career milestone. The Fellowship oversees all artistic affairs of the American Society of Marine Artists. Fellows are expected to serve the Society and Membership, respecting and enhancing the Society’s mission and the artistic standards of excellence the Fellowship represents.
With the honor of Fellowship comes an obligation to your peers and the ASMA:
- Fellows are asked to jury the annual portfolio review held in the spring of each year. The selection process may be completed online or in person. Attendance is not formally required, but attending Fellows provide vital aesthetic observations that enrich the experience. This exchange of ideas between artists is written into the charter of the American Society of Marine Artists and is part of what keeps the Fellowship and the Society alive. This meeting is typically held in the Northeast.
- Fellows are required to submit one work to every ASMA National Exhibition.
- Fellows are asked to participate in sharing their personal observations and techniques with the membership via articles to be published in the ASMA News and Journal.
- Fellows are encouraged to share their methods and materials at our National Marine Art Conferences via round tables, demonstrations, and presentations.
- Fellows are expected to learn the working mechanics of the Fellowship and the Society, with the expectation that they will serve one term on the Fellow’s Management Committee.
By submitting your portfolio, you have read and understand your prospective responsibilities and the expectations of the Fellows and the Society.
If you have any questions before applying, please contact Len Mizerek via e-mail at: email@example.com or by telephone at 212-777-3344.
Should you reconsider having your portfolio reviewed; all fees will be refunded to you if requested prior to 3/11/19.
Fellowship dues are $125 for 2019. If elected, you will be expected to pay the difference between your current dues and your new status for the year within 30 days.
Fellow Management Committee/ASMA