The Krasl Art Center - Saint Joseph, Michigan
October 9 - November 28, 2021
· All current ASMA members in good standing are eligible to enter an ASMA Regional Exhibition. ASMA members and Signature members may submit up to two entries, Fellows are allowed to submit one entry.
· Quality, original artworks created within the last 5 years are eligible. Mediums accepted include oil, water media, acrylic, pastel, drawing, etching, engraving, scrimshaw and sculpture. Sculpture is limited to bronze, stone, or wood. No cold cast bronze, ceramic or any type of stoneware is accepted. No digital art or painting created by painting over paper or canvas printed photographs will be accepted. All two-dimensional works must be framed.
· Submitting artwork for ASMA jurying is an affirmation the artwork is original, does not infringe on any copyright, and that the digital image you provide for your entry is an accurate representation of the artwork. Please do not submit cell phone images. Your work may be used for promotional purposes. Artwork that has been previously exhibited at the Krasl Art Center is not eligible for submission.
· Submissions will be accepted online at: www.submittable.com between June 11, 2021 and August 5, 2021. A submission fee of $50 is required from all members. A submission link will be available on June 11, 2021 at the ASMA web site. Click the link on the ASMA website and you will be taken directly to Submittable. Each submitting member should have a current account with Submittable or you will need to set one up in order to make a submission. If you have forgotten your password, simply click the “forgot password?” text shown at the Submittable website, and you will be sent an Email with a new link to submit a new password, so you may proceed with your entry.
· Images must be submitted at 300 dpi, in a jpeg format, with the longest dimension being approximately 7 inches. Please include all information requested in the online submission process, which will include: artist name, title, medium, and size of work. We ask that you provide a brief description of the work; no more than 75 words, as well as a short biography up to 150 words, which may be used for publicity purposes.
· Notification of acceptance in the show will be emailed within 2 weeks after the submission deadline of August 5, 2021. Upon submission, your work should be considered as “committed”. No substitutions will be accepted. Judging for the show will be done by an ASMA jury committee, consisting of three ASMA Fellows. Acceptance will be sent by E-mail on or before August 19, 2021.
· ASMA is a non-profit organization, and no artwork may be sold during the time period the work is on display at the host venue. Any artwork sold as a result of the show should be handled solely between the artist and interested party.
· All artwork will be insured by the Krasl Art Center while in their possession.
· Work accepted for inclusion in the show must be shipped to Krasl Art Center, 707 Lake Boulevard, Saint Joseph, MI, 49085, to arrive between September 14 to September 21, 2021. Hand delivered artworks may be dropped off at the Art Center during the same period.
· Each piece must be labeled on the back with the title, artist’s name, address, phone number, and E-mail. Work must be shipped pre-paid and insured, using only a carrier (example – FedEx or UPS) that provides door to door delivery. Please include a pre-paid return shipping label in an envelope to the back of each piece of artwork. Artists must retain specific shipping information about their work, in the event a return shipping label cannot be included when shipping the artwork to the facility. Please make a record of the size of your accepted work (framed dimensions), the size of shipping container and its weight and keep it is an easily accessible place.
· Please use high quality, reusable shipping containers, such as Air Float Shipping Boxes. Mark shipping cartons: ASMA NORTH REGIONAL EXHIBITION for identification purposed for the Museum. Any poorly packed containers that are questionable for re-use will not be accepted in the show and the artist will have to make individual arrangements for their return. Send all accepted work to: Tami Miller, Deputy Director, Krasl Art Center, 707 Lake Boulevard, St. Joseph, MI, 49085. For further information regarding the Art Center, please visit their website at: www.krasl.org.
· An opening reception will be held at the Art Center for ASMA exhibiting artists and their guests on October 8, 2021, from 5-8:00 PM. The Exhibition opens to the public on Saturday, October 9, 2021.
· Artwork will be shipped back to the artist after November 28, 2021, using the prepaid return shipping label you supplied with your artwork. If a return label could not be included in your box, it is the artist’s sole responsibility to send a prepaid label to the venue prior to the closing date – NO EXCEPTIONS! Hand delivered paintings must be picked up after the exhibit closes no later December 7, 2021 at the Krasl Art Center.
· Contact Anne Brodie Hill (firstname.lastname@example.org, 770-718-7586) or Carol Shahbaz, ASMA North Regional Representative (email@example.com, 269-428-2688) should you have any questions regarding the exhibition.